Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Great Gatsby p.77 chap.4

"Unlike Gatsby and Tom Buchanan I had no girl whose disembodied face floated along the dark cornices and blinding signs and so I drew up the girl beside me, tightening my arm. Her wan scornful mouth smiled and so I drew her up again, closer, this time to my face." -Nick Carraway

2 comments:

  1. I just saw that you posted this. I adore the Great Gatsby and I'm so glad you're reading it. Have you seen Midnight in Paris? I finally just saw it and all the allusions to the ex pat writers/thinkers/artists of the 1920s made my heart soar. I'm going to be checking back because if you are planning on updating your blog, I'm going to add you to my "friends" list on my personal blog. Hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesyesyesyesYES to everything! i hope your having a great summer, and that movie was so amazing i died!
    sorry i havent responded sooner, but i was away and busy and stuff. but now i plan on reading fizgerald's short stories. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete